CONGRATULATIONS to Mrs. Laura Linnane, Third Grade Teacher at Riverwood Elementary School in McHenry & our MAY “Teacher of the Month” WINNER from Home State Bank on Star 105.5!
Nathan had a lot of great reasons for nominating his Third Grade Teacher!
1. I knew that I wanted her to be my 3rd grade teacher because my friend said that she's a really nice & friendly teacher. I was SO glad when I found out she was going to be my teacher!
2.She doesn't give us homework on weekends, because students need time to spend with their families.
3.She makes math, reading and social studies fun to learn because she makes us laugh.
4.She lets us have parties or a pajama/movie day in our classroom when we earn enough stickers as a group.
5.She lets us have lunch with her in the classroom.
6.When we are good, we get extra time on our Chrome books.
7.She organized Fresh Fruit & Very Veggie Fridays so that we have a healthy snack every Friday.
8.She lets parents come to class on special occasions (Fresh Fruit Fridays, for example).
9.We earn tickets and can trade them in for privileges and prizes.
10.She gives us little goodie bags (pencils, bookmarks, candy, stickers) for holidays.
Nathan and Teacher, Laura Linnane with Home State Bank/McHenry Branch Supervisor-Jessica Lamkin
May's Teacher of the Month, Laura Linnane, with her co-workers, Home State Bank/McHenry Branch Supervisor-Jessica Lamkin, and Nathan.
CONGRATULATIONS to Ms. Katie Jacobson, 4th Grade Dual Language Teacher at Mary Endres Elementary School in Woodstock & our APRIL “Teacher of the Month” WINNER from Home State Bank on Star 105.5!
Mackinzee compiled quite a list for why Ms. Jacobson is such a amazing teacher.
1. She is awesome!
2. She does cool things.
3. She buys stuff for us to use and gives us prizes
4. She gives us jobs, we have pay days, and we get to buy things from her store, like prizes.
5. She has passed college and went back to get her masters.
6. Came to see my first swim meet on Saturday. She made me feel happy and special.
7. She makes learning really fun.
8. She creates fun projects like our CAFÉ.
9. She makes me smile.
10. I learn a lot in her class.
Mackinzee reading her letter to Ms. Jacobson
Home State Banking Center Manager, Donna Besler, with letter writer, Mackinzee & Ms. Jacobson.