We are currently looking to add weekend and fill-in part time talent here in the northwest burbs of Chicago. At least two years on-air experience is necessary and you can send an MP3 demo of your work and resume to [email protected].
The Promotions Department at Star 105.5 is always looking for outgoing individuals to help on site and in our office. Duties may include setting up for live broadcasts, use of equipment related to broadcast, and prize fulfillment for listeners. Must be detail oriented. Some promotional experience preferred. Please send your resume to [email protected].
Interns needed! Spring and Summer in the burbs of Chicago is a busy time where we need team players to represent the station promotionally and work behind the scenes for on-air personalities throughout the day. You will gain experience in live broadcast setup and execution along with listener interaction and more. Invaluable radio experience is the best way to describe one of our internships. Please send your resume and related materials to [email protected]
Matrix Broadcasting is looking for a talented and dynamic full time Program Director for WZSR FM in the Chicago market. There are some big shoes to fill as our current PD steps out of a dual position to devote all of his time to hosting our very successful morning show. This station has a very high profile in Chicago’s northwest suburbs and we are looking for an experienced broadcast professional with a true passion for the radio business who will continue to build on our success. You will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of station programming including on-air content, music, production, digital, and personalities. The ideal candidate will be creative and innovative with the ability to produce compelling content for the listener and establish strong connections as a community partner. Strong music management skills are a must as well as the ability to lead and motivate a seasoned on-air staff. Applicants should have proven leadership and management skills and a solid understanding of the AC format.
Qualifications and requirements include but are not limited to:
- Identify, recruit and coach top on-air talent
- Monitor and evaluate all music and programming content for the station.
- Develop and coordinate station marketing, imaging and promotion
- Achieve ratings objectives for local market share
- Manage streaming and terrestrial music logs
- Direct and monitor station’s programming and activities in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, company policy and applicable federal, state, and local laws
- Work with sales team to develop effective sales promotions, events and other revenue generating opportunities for station clients
- Prepare and manage Programming Department budget
- Understanding of PPM software and methodology
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and adhere to
- Knowledge and experience with Selector, NexGen, Music Master and Adobe Audition.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat
- Extensive knowledge of FCC broadcast rules and regulations
- Knowledge of federal, state and local contesting rules and regulations
Qualified candidates should mail cover letter and resume to:
Kathleen Cahill, Matrix Broadcasting 8800 US Highway 14, Crystal Lake, IL. 60012-or email to [email protected].